The ignition coil, as the name implies, is a device that provides ignition energy. We know that if the car wants to go, the engine must work, and the power of the engine comes from the combustion of the mixture in the cylinder, and the energy to ignite the mixture is transmitted by the ignition coil, but the real thing is the spark plug. Generally speaking, the service life of a car ignition coil is more than 100,000 kilometers. The following are some information from MAMPS ignition coil company.
There are two types of car ignition coil settings in car ignition parts:
1. Place the ignition coil of the car somewhere in the engine compartment, and distribute the high-voltage electricity through the distributor, and then pass it to the spark plug through the cylinder line;
2. Place the car ignition coil on the upper part of the spark plug and connect it directly with the spark plug. This design requires each cylinder to have an ignition coil, and a four-cylinder engine must have four ignition coils. Although the cost increases, the ignition efficiency will be better high.
Generally, the ignition coil should be replaced once every 100,000 kilometers. When the engine is running, there are often tens of thousands of volts of high-voltage pulse current on the ignition coil of the car. Since it has been working in a high-temperature, dusty, and vibrating environment for a long time, it will inevitably be aging or even damaged. If it is not replaced in time, it will affect the performance of the engine.
However, the 100,000 kilometers we are talking about is not a fixed replacement cycle. Usually, as long as the car ignition coil can work normally and the surface is not obviously aging, there is no need to replace it.
The easiest way to judge the aging of the ignition coil of a car is to open the engine compartment and directly observe whether the ignition coil has symptoms of glue overflow, burst, connecting pipe, and high-pressure nozzle ablation.
If you want to know whether the ignition coil on the vehicle is working normally, there is a relatively simple and practical method: hold the ignition coil with your hand after the vehicle has been working for a period of time, if you can hold it, it means it is normal, if you cannot hold it (hot hands) ) indicates that there is a fault, usually an internal short circuit.
1. In the idling state, the body shakes obviously. Observe the exhaust pipe opening, the exhaust gas flow from the car has obvious intermittent, and the exhaust pipe shakes violently, and the sound of "chug" can be clearly heard.
2. During driving, when the speed is below 2500 rpm, the body shakes obviously and the acceleration is weak; when the speed exceeds 2500 rpm, the sense of shaking disappears.
3. Open the engine cover, observe the running engine, and find that the engine has obvious vibration. This kind of jitter obviously does not belong to the jitter under normal engine working conditions, and the jitter amplitude is very large.
1. Prevent the ignition coil from being heated or damp;
2. Do not turn on the ignition switch when the engine is not running;
3. Frequently check, clean and fasten the line connectors to avoid short circuit or grounding;
4. Control the engine performance and prevent the voltage from being too high;
5. The moisture on the car ignition coil can only be wiped dry with a cloth, otherwise it will damage the car ignition coil.
It is important to note that the same maintenance suggestions apply to pencil type ignition coil as well. Ensuring proper ventilation, avoiding ignition switch misuse, and regular checking and cleaning of connectors are crucial for the efficient functioning and longevity of pencil type ignition coils.